Scientific Research Grants
Steps in the Application Process:
- Submit a Letter of Inquiry. (Not required from organizations that have submitted an application to the Trust within the last five years.)
- Receive your application letter from the Trust (Not applicable for organizations that have submitted an application to the Trust within the last five.)
- Download the Scientific Research Application Form from our website.
- Be sure to save the application to your computer before you begin completing the application.
- Thoroughly read through the Scientific Research Application Instructions before beginning the application.
- Complete the application and required attachments.
- Print and mail the completed form and attachments to the Murdock Trust.
Begin the Application Process with a Letter of Inquiry
Organizations that have not applied within the last five years should begin their application process by sending a Letter of Inquiry. This is an essential first step in the Scientific Research Grant application process. A clearly written Letter of Inquiry will save you time and will help us understand how well your proposed project may fit with areas of Trust interest. Learn more about writing your Letter of Inquiry.
If you have questions about your Letter of Inquiry for Scientific Research, contact the Murdock Trust by email or call 360.694.8415.
Completing the Application Process
If your proposed project appears to be eligible for Trust consideration, we will send you a letter encouraging an application. Complete the Scientific Research Application Form and remit printed copies of the completed forms and required attachments.
There are no deadlines for submission of proposals to the Trust, but it will normally take six to nine months to process, evaluate, and take final action on each proposal.