Murdock College Science Research Conference
Each fall, the Trust and a different Northwest private college or university co-host a research conference that is associated with the Murdock College Science Research Program. The conference focuses on sharing and advancing new knowledge in the natural sciences that were created or discovered through collaborative faculty-student research at the eleven MCSRP funded colleges and universities in the Pacific Northwest. The 2015 conference will take place on November 6 & 7 at the Hilton Vancouver in Vancouver, Washington, and it will be co-hosted with University of Portland.
Wide participation is also extended to science students and faculty from all of the private colleges and universities in the five-state area. Oral and poster research presentations by students form the core of the conference; a talk by a major national research figure is also presented.
Attendance at this conference is by invitation, but private colleges and universities in the Pacific Northwest are encouraged to request an invitation from the Trust if they have science students and faculty who are involved in research and who would like to attend.
To request an invitation or for additional information contact Dr. Moses Lee, Program Director for Research and Science by email or call 360-694-8415.
Click for more information on any of the following topics:
- 23rd Annual Murdock College Science Research Conference (2014)
- Neal Thorpe Memorial Lectures
- Tips for preparing poster and oral presentations:
- Ten Simple Rules for Making Good Oral Presentations
- Ten Simple Rules for a Good Poster Presentation
- Surviving Your First ACS Undergraduate Poster Presentation
- Hints for Asking Questions
- 22nd Annual Murdock College Science Research Conference (2013)